Your Financial Future Matters.
We assist you with building an infrastructure for financial success.
- We believe in a methodical and steadfast approach to reaching YOUR financial goals. We use our renowned iAPEX Process to identify financial objectives, aggregate your financial positions, plan your short, intermediate, and long term goals, and execute with precision and resolve.
- We receive no compensation for any equities, products, or alternative investments that we recommend. Our unbiased investment advice stems from our fee-only compensation structure.
- Our financial planning process consists of two vested parties working together for a common goal: your financial success. We believe in the full transparency of our investment process by providing you with real time financial updates through sophisticated software tracking and analysis.
- We believe that tax planning is paramount to the success of your financial planning. By understanding tax codes and regulations, the appropriate measures will be taken to sustain effective and efficient financial growth.
Michael Lewis, President & CEO
Dear Friends & Visitors,
My name is Michael Lewis and I am the President & CEO of Apex Capital Advising LLC. I created ACA with the intention of providing the highest level of financial strategies, investment platforms, and retirement planning to my clients.
With a short background in the wire house environment, which is more focused on asset gathering and proprietary product sales, I realized that the best way to serve my clients would be through an independent representative route, where I can pick and choose the correct path, strategies, and products to maximize my client's financial security.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions you have or would just like to say hello!
Life & Health
Let’s Work Together
"The key to investing is not assessing how much an industry is going to affect society, or how much it will grow, but rather determining the competitive advantage of any given company and, above all, the durability of that advantage." – Warren Buffett
Mission Statement: Our goal at Apex Capital Advising is to assist our clients with building an infrastructure for their financial success.
Step 1: Identify financial objectives
Step 2: Aggregate your financial position
Step 3: Plan your short, intermediate, and long-term goals
Step 4: Execute your financial plan
Coupled with the above process, we hold true to some core beliefs with all of our clients:
1. Protect First: We will take a 30,000 foot view of your financial position to make sure that it is sheltered from unfortunate events that may have a negative effect on your net worth.
2. Set Goals: Setting goals, and not just financial, are paramount to your financial success; seeing a light at the end of a tunnel reinforces the positive processes that are already in place.
3. Individual Planning: Your financial situation is unique to you. We will build a plan encompassing your personal goals, responsibilities, time-frames, and so on to ensure that you are comfortable with the direction in which you are heading.
4. Consistency: It is essential that you stay consistent in your wealth building process. Rome was not built overnight, but repetitious action will add up over time and place you on the fast track to financial freedom.
5. Opportunity: The traditional “buy low, sell high” quote is one of the single most important philosophies in Investment Management. The markets will go up and the markets will go down; keeping a calm attitude and recognizing opportunity will ensure a consistent and steady growth.
6. Communication: We are entrusted with your most important tangible assets; we do not take that lightly. Communication is of the utmost importance because if you are confused about our current position or direction, we are not doing our job. In addition to multiple client tools at your disposal, we are just a call away.
Book a Free Consultation Now.
Apex Capital Advising is named after a quintessential concept of motorsports racing. The APEX of a corner is the point at which the most efficient racing line travels through a corner. In addition, the APEX of a corner might be different from car to car, but the concept remains the same. There are a considerable amount of parallels between financial planning and motorsports. A few are listed here for your reading enjoyment.
Patience – Being patient is one of the most important traits required to become successful in motorsports. Waiting for the right moment to either pass or defend lends itself to a successful race; be too aggressive and you might crash, but be too lackadaisical and you won’t be moving up positions. Patience in investing can lead to buying into a stock at the right time or selling a position right before a dip in price.
Longevity – A race is not a sprint, it’s a marathon. Conserving fuel, managing tire degradation, choosing when and where to be aggressive all lend themselves to a successful race. Going too fast for any period of time may lead to problems and, potentially, ending your race early. Same philosophy can be found in investing, where your financial habits will be geared to retirement and the ability to have the right habits to get you there.
Pit Crew – While racing, you need someone out of the car giving you guidance on how the car is performing, weather conditions, competitor positions, etc etc. The driver can’t manage all aspects of the race, so he relies heavily on his crew and their teamwork to keep him running smoothly until the finish. We are that pit crew: giving you the financial advice, tools, and framework to keep your portfolio in proper working order.
At Apex Capital Advising, we realize that while making money and securing a stable financial future is important, it is also imperative that we give back those profits, time, and energy to those less fortunate. There are a few ways to give back to the community, and Apex Capital Advising provides funding and volunteer work to the following establishments:
Calendar Coming Soon.
Hagerty Track Day Insurance
High-performance driving is the ultimate balance of risk and control. Tire pressure, check… lug nuts torqued. Plenty of laps left in the brake pads. If it’s not bolted down, you empty it out of the car. Now you’re all systems go to have the time of your life.
Our affordable Track Day insurance program* offers coverage for your vehicle while it’s on the track, unlike your standard insurance plan. Because despite your careful planning, there’s nothing predictable about the motorsports game. A patch of fresh oil from the car up ahead. A blown tire as you hit Turn 3’s apex. Brake failure at the end of the back straight. While you can’t always steer clear of these obstacles, you can stay ahead of them with proper coverage from the get-go.
Take advantage of Hagerty’s single-event Track Day Insurance coverage, created for both motorsports enthusiasts and weekend racers looking to refine your skills.
With Hagerty’s track day insurance, you can keep your focus where it belongs – on driving.
What we protect:
· Your personal vehicle against damage while participating in an HPDE event
· Your car while on the track and in the paddock
· Physical damage to your vehicle incurred by you, one additional driver (if pre-approved), and your driving instructor.
· Note: Liability insurance coverage is not included
We’re as passionate about cars as you are. Our deep knowledge of cars and their owners allows us to offer you better classic car insurance coverage for less.
Guaranteed Value Coverage:
In the event of a covered total loss, you receive every cent of your car’s insured value.* No depreciation. No messing around. No hassle.
Our policy allows occasional pleasure use with no fixed mileage restrictions**. With Hagerty, you can go for a weekend drive, take your vehicle up to the local ice cream shop or attend unlimited events and cruises.
Hagerty Driver’s Club:
Hagerty Drivers Club™ is designed specifically for collector cars. It is a comprehensive 24/7 full-service roadside assistance program for lockouts, battery jumps, tire changes, emergency fuel delivery and more — guaranteeing flatbed towing with soft straps.
Expert Claims Handling:
Our in-house parts specialists can help you track down replacement LKQ, OEM, or NOS parts — if they’re out there, we’ll find them. Hagerty maintains an extensive list of resources for hard-to-find parts.
You’ll Save Money:
Because we specialize in collector car insurance, our premiums are up to 39% lower* than daily driver insurance.
Unparalleled Service and Knowledge:
We know collectible cars, so you deal with real people who understand your car and your needs.
Get A Quote
Your Finances Can’t Wait.
Affiliates & Partners
Integrated Advisors Network
Integrated Advisors Network (IAN) is a SEC-Registered Investment Adviser offering a “supported independence” business model to advisors who want to run their own business without bearing all of the cost and responsibilities associated with doing so. Through IAN’s strategic business alliances, they provide an integrated back office technology and services platform that allows advisors to establish their personally branded investment adviser practice, while leveraging the benefits of shared cost. IAN has created a unique and flexible environment that supports advisors during and after their transition to independence, and allows them to do what they do best: service their clients.
CEO and Partner
Phone: 855.729.4222 x701
Managing Member and Director of Advisor Services
Phone: 855.729.4222 x700
Phone: 855.729.4222 x702
Chief Compliance Officer
Phone: (888) 541-9694 x702
TD Ameritrade is our preferred Broker Dealer and custodian that provides a broad range of services including execution of securities transactions and custody of client funds and securities.
Proud Members of:
eMoney is a software that provides in depth aggregation of financial accounts, advanced financial simulations, and helpful budgeting applications. Clients have the option of sharing these aggregated statements in order to make the financial planning process more effective and efficient.
Envestnet is a turn-key investment platform; they are among the leading providers of integrated portfolio, practice management, and reporting solutions to financial advisors and institutions. Their open architecture platform encompasses a broad range of institutional-quality research, investment products, and advisory resources. The Envestnet Platform gives you the tools to conquer complexity and drive your success.
Through an integrated family of companies, Vineyard harnesses the portfolio construction talents of global investment managers and the strategic planning capabilities of seasoned wealth advisors. The result is a culture that promotes financial innovation, which is also attuned to the needs of today’s informed investor. Simply stated, we help clients grow, protect and transfer wealth.
Vineyard founders built the firm and its partnerships on a strong foundation of discipline and intellectual capital to create long-term value for institutions, wealthy individuals, and families across generations. Our team of dedicated managers and advisors share a sense of deep commitment to the clients we serve.
Blog & Media
The US has seen a steady Bull market for the past nine or so years, so when February 2nd, 2018 saw the biggest stock sell-off in recent history, causing the Dow to plummet a whopping 1,175 points and dip below 25,000, eyebrows were raised. Were we in the midst of a...read more
This will be my first blog post ever and first of 2018. I wanted to share some of my personal opinions and insights as we look ahead to the 9th consecutive bull market, one of the longest in US history. In 2017, the S&P 500 grew 19%, Dow 25%, and Nasdaq an amazing...read more
7220 Trade Street
San Diego, CA 92121